Seeking to join a consortium as a partner in the HORIZON-CL4-2024-RESILIENCE-01-35 (Biodegradable polymers for sustainable packaging)
At Technological University Dublin, Ireland, we are seeking to join a consortium for participation in the call HORIZON-CL4-2024-RESILIENCE-01-35 (Biodegradable polymers for sustainable packaging materials.
My team possesses extensive expertise in the area of sustainable food packaging, particularly in the development of biodegradable films and coatings using agricultural and food produce waste. Our proficiency extends to the characterization of these biodegradable materials, including thermal, chemical, and mechanical properties, as well as conducting comprehensive assessments for biodegradability and migration studies. Furthermore, we also work in evaluating antimicrobial and antioxidant aspects of films and coatings, examining their impact on real food products.
Our specialized offerings include:
• Development of antimicrobial films and coatings
• Creation of sustainable biodegradable active food packaging films utilizing natural resources such as essential oils, seaweed extract, and natural polyphenols
• Utilization of byproducts from food produce and agricultural waste
• Expertise in characterization techniques covering chemical, thermal, mechanical, and barrier properties.
• Conducting biodegradation and migration studies
• Thorough assessment of antimicrobial properties
• Cellular toxicity studies
For more detail please visit our research group Sustainable Packaging and Bioproduct Research Group, TU Dublin website.
I am happy to discuss with you if you would like to include the partner from Ireland in the consortium.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.