Seeking to become a partner and offering SSH expertise to AI, data and robotics partnership (HORIZON-CL4-2023-DIGITAL-EMERGING-01-01)
Can act as:
I am a linguist and translation-studies scholar who offers SSH expertise to tackle aspects of social interaction, workplace interaction, problem-solving and decision-making in teams, team intelligence, and interactive/socially distributed cognition, to be adapted to human-centred AI, robotics, multimodal machine learning/perception and natural language/action processing.
Having studied the teamwork between blind and sighted people in a workplace setting from interactive and cognitive perspectives and having collaborated in projects and proposals with engineering researchers (signal processing, computer vision, language technology), I seek to contribute to the new paradigm emerging in machine learning and natural language processing towards interactive multimodal learning and action processing, akin to human social interaction.
What I can bring to a consortium:
- human and social perspectives to robotics research overall, with regard to relevant scopes and outcomes (e.g. to consider relevant societal benefits of autonomous robots in workplace settings);
- research on multimodal social interaction and collaboration (between humans or humans and technologies);
- expertise in SSH methods: ethnomethodology, conversation analysis, ethnography, discourse analysis, corpus analysis;
- a multidisciplinary and multi-sectorial network of collaborators in relevant fields.
What I expect from a consortium:
- expertise in robotics, AI and machine learning;
- interest or experience in working with SSH researchers and openness to interdisciplinary challenges.
For more information, see
- my research and academic profile at https://www.tuni.fi/en/maija-h...
- my research output at https://researchportal.tuni.fi...
- a previous HE project at https://memad.eu