Improving social and societal preparedness for disaster response and health emergencies
Seeking consortium for HORIZON-CL3-2023-DRS-01-01: Improving social and societal preparedness for disaster response and Health emergencies
Can act as:
Looking for partners to join consortium for upcoming HORIZON-CL3-2023-DRS-01-01: Improving social and societal preparedness for disaster response and health emergencies call
We are representing a group of experts in community social engagement activities as well as architectural and urban design, cultural sustainability, and citizen science at IZTECH focusing on the complex and multi-faceted relationship between social, cultural and political identities in post-migration & post-disaster periods.
• In our group, cultural, architectural and urban design, and environmental studies experts are working towards creating sustainable and resilient community systems at various rural and metropolitan scales
• After a disaster such as an earthquake or pandemic, we have the expertise to investigate the migrant families, with a focus on their vulnerability, sustainability, and resilience. Additionally, we find it beneficial to elaborate on ways to resolve barriers to crisis communication, specifically in the areas of intercultural communication and cultural sustainability.
• The alternative mapping approaches obtained by GIS for vulnerable spaces and in-depth interviews with vulnerable migrant groups from earthquake zone as well as Syria, Afghanistan, Ukraine and Russia - women, children, and elderly); we can also support participatory narrative process to be employed to face the effects of mass migration due to climate change/disaster, earthquake in Türkiye.
• Focusing on post-disaster migration, our group is also working on the investigation of how immigrant families manage the complexity of their unique cultural identities and how they strive to maintain their cultural heritage over time.
• A comparative study of families from selected EU countries (Turkish families living in UK, Germany and the Netherlands) can be conducted.
• Support for interdisciplinary multi-objective design optimization, machine learning in architecture, performance-based design, and parametric design modelling are part of our expertise.
• The potential collaboration opportunities also include Izmir Metropolitan Municipality as well as local municipalities, NGOs, and private / public research groups.