Seeking international consortium for upcoming call HLTH-2023-STAYHLTH-01-01 (The Silver Deal - Person-centred health and care in EU regions)
Can act as:
Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Department of Industrial Design (Industrial Design (tue.nl)) in The Netherlands is looking to join a consortium for the future call HORIZON-HLTH-2023-STAYHLTH-01-01 (The Silver Deal - Person-centred health and care in European regions) to act as work package leader and/or task leader.
We offer expertise in:
- Co-creational and user-centered design for vulnerable groups to support behaviour change
- Design and implementation of person-centred digital healthcare technologies such as integrated care solutions, serious games, connected wearables, social robots and self-monitoring devices, with a focus on extramural contexts
- Regional/national network and access to living field labs and vulnerable groups
The Industrial Design department of TU/e is internationally known for Research through Design with a multidisciplinary approach; combining design, engineering and social sciences. Health is one of the focal application areas for our research.
Recent publications include:
- Kalinauskaite I, Brankaert R, Lu Y, Bekker T, Brombacher A, Vos S. (2021) Facing Societal Challenges in Living Labs: Towards a Conceptual Framework to Facilitate Transdisciplinary Collaborations. Sustainability. 13(2):614.
- Markopoulos P, Wang Q, Tomico O, Goveia da Rocha B, Ten Bhömer M, Giacolini L, Palaima M, Virtala N. (2020) Actuating wearables for motor skill learning: A constructive design research perspective. Design for Health, 4(2):231-251
- Cerón-Guzmán JA, Tetteroo D, Hu J, Markopoulos P. (2022) “Not Sure Sharing Does Anything Extra for Me”: Understanding How People with Cardiovascular Disease Conceptualize Sharing Personal Health Data with Peers. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health 19(15): 9508.
- Van der Woude W, Tetteroo D, Liang RH. (2020) Presley: Designing Non-Obtrusive Tactile Rhythmic Wearable Devices for Improving Speech Fluency. In Companion Publication of the 2020 ACM Designing Interactive Systems Conference (DIS’ 20 Companion). 97–103.
- Brankaert R, Kenning G (2020) HCI and Design in the Context of Dementia. Springer Human-Computer Interaction series.
- Quaedackers L, De Wit J, Pillen S, Van Gilst M, Batalas N, Lammers GJ, Markopoulos P, Overeem S. (2020) A mobile app for longterm monitoring of narcolepsy symptoms: design, development and evaluation. JMIR mHealth and uHealth. 8(1), e14939.
- Korving H, Zhou D, Xiang H, Sterkenburg P, Markopoulos P, Barakova E. (2022). Development of an AI-Enabled System for Pain Monitoring Using Skin Conductance Sensoring in Socks. International journal of neural systems, 2250047-2250047.
- Feng Y, Perugia G, Yu S, Barakova EI, Hu J, Rauterberg GW. (2022). Context-Enhanced Human-Robot Interaction: Exploring the Role of System Interactivity and Multimodal Stimuli on the Engagement of People with Dementia. International Journal of Social Robotics, 14(3), 807-826.
- Perugia G, Díaz-Boladeras M, Català-Mallofré A, Barakova EI, Rauterberg M. (2022) ENGAGE-DEM: A Model of Engagement of People With Dementia, in IEEE Transactions on Affective Computing, 13(2), 926-943.
- Zhou D, Barakova EI, An P, Rauterberg M. (2022) Assistant Robot Enhances the Perceived Communication Quality of People With Dementia: A Proof of Concept. IEEE Transactions on Human-Machine Systems, 52(3): 332-342.
- Zhang F, Broz F, Dertien E, Kousi N, van Gurp JAM, Ferrari OI, Malagon I, Barakova EI. (2022) Understanding Design Preferences for Robots for Pain Management: A Co-Design Study 17th ACM/IEEE International Conference on Human-Robot Interaction (HRI) 1124-1129.
For more information, please contact Eveline Vreeburg ([email protected]).