Offering expertise for several calls in Disaster Resilience topic.
Can act as:
The National Knowledge and Research Center for Emergency Readiness offers interdisciplinary expertise for the following topics:
• HORIZON-CL3-DRS-2021-01-01 Improved understanding of risk exposure and its public awareness in areas exposed to multi-hazards.
• HORIZON-CL3-DRS-2021-01-02 Enhanced citizen preparedness in the event of a disaster or crisis-related emergency
• HORIZON-CL3-DRS-2021-01-03 Integrated Disaster Risk Reduction for extreme climate events: from early warning systems to long term adaptation and resilience building
• HORIZON-CL3-DRS-2021-01-06 Innovative concepts to enhance cooperation and use of available knowledge across disaster and crisis-management-related disciplines and administrative levels
• HORIZON-CL3-DRS-2021-01-07 Developing a European partnership to coordinate R&I efforts on risk management of climate-related disasters
• HORIZON-CL3-DRS-2022-01-01 Better understanding of citizens’ behavioural and psychological reactions in the event of a disaster or crisis situation
• HORIZON-CL3-DRS-2022-01-02: Enhanced preparedness and management of High- Impact Low-Probability or unexpected events
Core institutions involved are the University of Haifa, the Technion, and the Hebrew University, together with researchers from Rafael Advanced Defense Systems, Rambam Hospital, Tel-Hai College, and the Israel School for Humanitarian Aid; with partners from the municipality of Haifa and NATAN International Humanitarian Aid.
The Center’s mission is to serve as the state-of-the-art scientific think-tank for policy framers, decision-makers, academic community and practitioners from all sectors. The two intertwined functions of the Center are
1) Independently generated, cutting edge and multi-disciplinary research, and
2) solicited real-time response to requests by NEMA, government ministries, elected officials, NGOs and other stakeholders.
For more information, please see the attached brochure. If you are interested in collaborating with this center, do not hesitate to contact me at [email protected].