MSCA4Ukraine: Labour & Health Economics (postdoctoral researchers & doctoral candidates)
Can act as:
As part of the EU’s response to the Russian Federation’s invasion of Ukraine, MSCA4Ukraine’s dedicated fellowships will provide support to displaced researchers from Ukraine. Hence, the Department of Economics, Faculty of Economics and Administration (Masaryk University, Brno), is now inviting Ukrainian post-doctoral researchers and doctoral candidates to apply for MSCA4Ukraine grant with the Faculty of Economics and Administration serving as the host institution. Candidates focused on the impacts of forced migration are especially welcomed.
The support provided by the MSCA4Ukraine programme will enable Ukrainian researchers to continue their work at one of the best universities in the Czech Republic, while maintaining their connections to research and innovation communities in Ukraine. The scheme may also facilitate researchers’ reintegration in Ukraine if conditions for safe return are met, in order to prevent permanent brain-drain, and contribute to strengthening the Ukrainian university and research sector and its collaboration and exchange with the international research community.
Who are we looking for?
• Ukrainian national, or stateless person, or national from third countries other than Ukraine with primary residence in Ukraine on 24 February 2022 who either
o have been displaced on or after 24 February 2022
o are ready to be displaced from Ukraine.
• A postdoctoral researcher (i.e. in possession of a doctoral degree by the time the fellowship is set to begin), or doctoral candidate (i.e. enrolled in a doctoral programme at a higher education institution in Ukraine, leading to the award of a doctoral degree)
• Someone who has the language skills (English or Czech) required to successfully conduct their research activities at the envisaged host institution.
• For the postdoctoral fellowship, we are looking for young researchers in the field of health or labour economics who have completed their PhD and who already have promising publication record.
• For the doctoral network, we are looking for promising doctoral students
• We are especially interested in cooperating with candidates focused on the impacts of forced migration.
MSCA4Ukraine fellowships can last between 6 to 24 months. The rates provided are in line with MSCA Doctoral Networks and MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowships.
What’s in it for you?
• Research experience aiming at top rated publications
• Collaboration with top scientists on projects in the field of labour and health economics with special focus on the impacts of forced migration
• Background and support of a strong organization and staff experienced in administering MSCA projects
• Salary rates in line with MSCA Doctoral Networks or Postdoctoral Fellowship
• Workshops focused on writing successful research proposals
• Opportunity to further participate in interesting international projects
During your stay, you will be supervised by Štěpán Mikula, one of our leading experts in the economics of migration who also conducts research on hiring discrimination and discrimination in access to public services. See his research profile here: https://www.econ.muni.cz/en/ab...
Sounds interesting? If so, please submit the following documents to Jana Sosnová ([email protected]) no later than on 15th October 2022:
• Your CV
• An extended abstract of a research proposal (approx. 2 x A4)
• List of your publications covering the last 5 years
Please, do not hesitate to reach out for more information.