The call HORIZON-MSCA-2021-DN-01-01 has been scheduled to close, so this opportunity is no longer current.
MSCA Doctoral Network: Training in diversity in internationalisation
Can act as:
Doctoral networks are fascinating grants as they deliver both new research and show the way for how doctoral programmes will develop in the future.
But the reward comes with a challenge: In order to harvest the results, you need to make large groups of very diverse junior and senior researchers work together across national cultures, age, gender, race, sexuality etc. We can help make it work and support your work in developing a doctoral programme, where the candidates have the tools to show leadership in dealing with diversity in their future careers.
We work with you to provide your doctoral candidates and the training network with:
- Intercultural skills to enhance the collaboration within the network
- Add to the understanding of the value of diversity and how you can work with diversity and internationalisation in collaborations and in research
- Provide the doctoral candidates with transferable skills they can use no matter their future career path.
Our training consists of:
- Introductory workshops (3-4 hours) where the participants are introduced to diversity, cultural intelligence, and important parameters to pay attention to when working internationally. The workshop format allows us to work in depth with the participants, their cultural backgrounds, and the frame of the particular project.
- Follow-up (1-2 hours online) approx. six months later where we add to the topics and work with the experiences, they have had on the project so far
- Workshop (2-3 hours) approx. midway through the project where we move into developing individual leadership when it comes to diversity and international collaboration as they have to start considering their individual profile and career path whether within or outside academia.
- Follow-up (1-2 hours online) in the last six months of the project, we move deeper into their considerations of personal leadership and how the skills they have acquired in diversity and intercultural collaboration can be integrated in their work and future career plans and leadership.
We can of course tailor this to your needs (fx more or less follow-ups, combine with a workshop at the project kick-off meeting for all participants, a short online session preparing them for their secondments, consultancy during the project etc.).
At DIVERSIunity our aim is to make diversity and internationalisation work in research and research management, and we believe that scientific excellence begins with thriving researchers. We deliver analysis, workshops, and consultancy.
If you want to include our training in your proposal or have questions on how we can support your application or project in other ways, please contact Jakob Feldtfos Christensen at [email protected]. You can also learn more at www.diversiunity.com.