Climate change, sustainable resource management, ecosystem monitoring & protection
The Climate Helix was amongst the first tranche of Helix communities launched by Crowdhelix in early 2013, and is currently managed by the Crowdhelix Community Management team. We are, however, seeking expressions of interest from high-profile researchers in the field to take a leadership role for this Helix from 2021 onwards.
The Climate Helix provides an Open Innovation community for experts seeking international collaborators to carry out research and innovation to further the following objectives:
- Advancing climate science and solutions for a climate-neutral and resilient society
- Deploying cross-sectoral and demand-side solutions for decarbonisation
- Developing a cost-efficient, net zero-greenhouse gas emissions energy system centred on renewables
- Achieving a resource-efficient and climate change resilient economy and society
- Protecting and sustainably managing natural resources and ecosystems
- Ensuring a sustainable supply and use of raw materials in order to meet the needs of a growing global population
Research and innovation are crucial to better understand the underlying drivers of climate change and sustainability challenges, as well as to devise options and solutions to address them. In this regard, the European Green Deal also provides a key roadmap for making the EU's economy sustainable, by turning climate and environmental challenges into opportunities across all policy areas, and by making the transition fair and inclusive.
The Climate Helix is also oriented towards the activities of the Horizon Europe Mission “Adaptation to climate change including societal transformation”, which targets solutions and preparedness for the impact of climate change to protect both lives and assets. In particular, Crowdhelix intends to support the Mission’s aim to include behavioural changes and social aspects, by widening participation to new communities beyond usual stakeholders, which will help lead to societal change.
Can act as:
- Consortium Partner
- Predictive analytics
- Forest monitoring
- Autonomous robots
Seeking project partners for "Accelerating the green transition and energy access Partnership with Africa"Can act as:
- Renewable energy
- Energy-food-water nexus
- European green deal
- Impact investors
Accelerating the green transition and energy access Partnership with AfricaDeadline
January 26, 2021Project Type
- IA Innovation action